Sunday, October 30, 2022

I’m Satisfied with Jesus

 Temple Baptist Church - 10-30-2022

Psalms 107:1-9


Introduction: 

 

A.  We live in days of discontentment. 

 

1.  People are not satisfied with who they are nor what they have.  More is never enough!  They have the “gotta have it” and “can’t help it” attitude about things.  “I owe I owe so off to work I go” is based for the most part on over buying and overextending.

 

2.  Not only the unsaved, but God’s people lack satisfaction and contentment.  Some preachers are possibly the worst of all in this area.  Some continually move because they never learn contentment. 

 

3.  Tonight, you are looking at a contented man!  The Bible says much about contentment, and we need to be a contented people.

 

B.  Contentment is something that must be sought.  1 Timothy 6:6-8   But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

 

C.  Contentment is something that must be learned.  Philippians 4:11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

 

D. Contentment is something that must be realized.  Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

 

Luke 12:15  And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for    a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.  (I used this verse of Scripture when I preached my mother’s funeral.  She was a contented lady.  She valued her Lord and her family.)

 

E.  “For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.”

 

1.  I Am Content With His Great Salvation - 1-9

 

          a.  Redeemed From The Hand of The Enemy - 2

          b.  Redeemed From The Wilderness Wandering - 3-4

          c.  Redeemed From Spiritual Starvation - 5

          d.  Redeemed From Misery and Distress - 6

          e.  Redeemed From The Broad Way – 7

 

2.  I Am Content With His Great Deliverance - 10-16

 

          a.  Delivered From Darkness To Light - 10

          b.  Delivered From Death To Life - 10

          c.  Delivered From Bondage To Liberty - 10, 14

          d.  Delivered From Rebellion To Loving Submission - 11-13

 

3.  I Am Content With His Great Word - 17-22

 

          a.  God’s Word Keeps Us From Chastening - 17

          b.  God’s Word Keeps Us From A Shortened Life - 18

          c.  God’s Word Keeps Us From Unnecessary Troubles – 19

 

4.  I Am Content With His Great Protection - 23-32

 

          a.  God Protects Us In The Workplace – 23

 

          b.  God Protects Us In The Storms of Life - 25-27

 

                    1.  He Commands The Storm – 25

 

                    2.  He Controls The Storm - 25-26

 

                    3.  He Calms The Storm - 27-29

 

                    4.  He Customizes The Storm - 30-31

 

5.  I Am Content With His Great Blessings - 33-43

 

a.  I’m Satisfied With His Great Salvation - Psalm 90:14  O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

 

b. I’m Satisfied With My Life - Psalm 91:16  With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

 

c.  I’m Satisfied With My Wife - Proverbs 5:19  Let her be as the loving hind   and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

 

d.  I’m Satisfied With My Lord - Isaiah 58:11  And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

 

e.  I’m Satisfied With God’s Blessings - Psalm 103:5  Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

 

f.  I’m Satisfied With My Ministry - Philippians 4:11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

 

g.  I’m Satisfied With The Bible – 2 Peter 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

 

h.  I’m Satisfied With The Blood - 1 Peter 1:18-19  Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;  But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

 

i.  I’m Satisfied With My Church - Romans 12:4-5  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not he same office:  So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 

No comments: