Temple Baptist Church - 10-18-2020
A. Over the past two weeks, we have seen:
1. The Preparation of Antichrist.
a) The Conditioning of the Pulpit, the Pew, and the People in general.
b) This world is ready for Antichrist’s entrance. He will be their “saviour.”
2. The Prophecy of Antichrist.
a) The Seed of the Serpent.
b) Probably an Israelite, possibly of the Tribe of Dan.
3. The Person of Antichrist.
a) He will be a Pretender – He comes on a white horse. The “good guys” wear the white hats and ride on a white horse. His acceptance relies on pretense.
b) He will be a man of Peace – He will bring a pseudo peace that the world looks for. He comes with a bow but no arrows in hand. This world in general is desirous of peace, not war and look for someone who can bring it.
c) He will be a man of Position – He will be given a crown. Not take a crown.
d) He will be a man of Power – He will go forth conquering.
e) He will be a man of Purpose – He will desire to conquer this present world.
B. To understand the differences between the true Christ and the false “christ” is to understand the meaning of “antichrist.”
C. “Anti” – the prefix “anti” means (1) Opposed to (2) Against.
D. The Biblical Definition is one of revelation and stark contrast.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
1. Antichrist will “oppose God.”
2. Antichrist will “exalt” himself above God.
3. Antichrist will attempt to “shew” himself as God.
E. When Antichrist comes on the world scene, he will portray himself as “good”—“behold a white horse and he that sat on him”—but he will be spiritually and morally bankrupt—called “that Wicked” in 2 Thessalonians 2:8.
F. Antichrist—a stark contrast to the true Christ.
1. Jesus Christ is from heaven - John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Antichrist is from hell - 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (Perdition-spiritual loss, eternal)
Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
2. Jesus Christ came in His Father’s name - John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Antichrist will come in his own name - John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
It amazes me that Antichrist will not be disguised, Satan incarnate and will be accepted by the world.
3. Jesus Christ came in humility - Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Antichrist will exalt himself – 2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
A public individual who takes the “center stage.”
4. Jesus Christ was despised and rejected by men - Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Antichrist will be worshipped by men - Revelation 13:3-4 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. (4) And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
No matter what he does, how he acts, how wicked he is, he will be worshipped. Look at our politics today: baby killers, lovers of sodomy, anarchists, and no one seems to care.
5. Jesus Christ will be highly exalted by the Father - Philippians 2:9-10 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Antichrist will cast into hell by the Father - Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
6. Jesus Christ will do the will of the Father - John 6:38-39 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. (39) And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Antichrist will do his own will - Daniel 11:36-37 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. (37) Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
7. Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners - 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Antichrist will come into the world to destroy sinners - Daniel 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
8. Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd - John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Antichrist will be the idol shepherd - Zechariah 11:17 Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
9. Jesus Christ is the True Vine - John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Antichrist is the vine of the earth - Revelation 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
10. Jesus Christ is the Truth - John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Antichrist will be a liar - 2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
11. Jesus Christ was a man of purity - 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Antichrist will be a man of sin - 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
12. Jesus Christ was the mystery of godliness - 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Antichrist will be the mystery of iniquity - 2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.