Temple Baptist Church - 2-4-2018
A. Every Family Needs Three Homes:
1. They Need A Christian Home – Not a religious home but a Christian home. A home that provides a spiritual sanctuary for the protection of the family.
2. They Need A Church Home – Not just any church but a biblical one. One that follows the old paths; one that has the right Bible; one that is doctrinally correct; one that has separation from worldliness.
3. They Need A Heavenly Home - Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
B. As Joshua was getting ready to die, he left this final admonition of making a right choice for the family.
1. Having a good, godly home is a choice that we make. “Choose you this day whom ye will serve.”
2. We cannot serve both God and mammon: a type of the world. We will hold to one and despise the other; we will love one and hate the other.
C. I cannot over stress the importance of the biblical home.
1. America is failing because the home is failing. So many children are being born in single parent homes. So many children are living “pillar to post” because they are being “farmed out” to daycare and baby sitters.
2. The affect upon our nation is perilous! Children are being raised without respect for parents or authority.
D. What kind of homes do we need?
1. We Need Homes That Fear God – Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
a. Clean Homes - Psalms 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
b. Moral Homes - Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
c. Wise Homes - Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
2. We Need Homes That Are Faithful To God - Psalms 22:4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
a. Faithful To Serve The Lord - Psalms 100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
b. Faithful To The Church - Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
(1) We Need Families who will be faithful To Attend Church.
(2) We Need Families who will be faithful to follow the Lord.
(3) We Need Families who will be faithful to tithe their income.
(4) We Need Families who will be faithful to teach the Word.
(5) We Need Families who will be faithful to lead right.
(6) We Need Families who will be faithful to win souls.