Temple Baptist Church - 12-3-2017
A. I have often said that Thanksgiving through Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year!
B. Thanksgiving comes and goes so quickly. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Giving thanks to God for all that He has given to us takes a long time. Count your blessings and the list is long.
C. Then, everyone is getting ready for Christmas. I thank God for the Trump Family as they have brought Christ back to the White House. Donald’s lack of political correctness has allowed the Nativity Scene to be once more seen there. From “Happy Holidays” back to “Merry Christmas!”
D. The world has forgotten the “Reason for the Season,” but I haven’t! God send His only begotten Son to this earth to save sinners from their sin. Christmas should be all about Christ to the child of God.
E. A little over two thousand years ago, God fulfilled His long-awaited promise of the birth of the “seed of the woman.” Our text says that God send His Son at the right time; that God send His Son the right way; That God sent His Son for the right reason.
F. Bethlehem was just the beginning.
1. God gave His Son in what is called the Gospel: the Good News. Bethlehem was the beginning and an Empty Tomb was the finishing.
2. We who are saved do not worship a child in a manger but the Lord Jesus Christ who now sits that the right hand of the Father to make intercession for the saints and will one day come for us that, where He is, we may be also.
1. In Bethlehem We Find God’s Love Manifested In The Gift Of Christ - 1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
2. At Calvary We Find God’s Love Commended At The Cross - Romans 5:8-9 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
3. In Salvation We Find God’s Love Bestowed In Our Sonship - 1 John 3:1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
4. In Choice We Find God’s Love Believed By The Sinner - 1 John 4:16 Andwe have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
5. In Relationship We Find God’s Love Perceived By The Saint - 1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
6. In Witness We Find God’s Love Shed Abroad In The Spirit - Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Conclusion: You see, Bethlehem was just the beginning. Christmas is the last week of the old year so that we begin the first of the New Year with Christ.