Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thanksgiving - 2016 - I Am Thankful For The Holy Bible That I Hold In My Hand

Temple Baptist Church - 11-13-2016
Matthew 4:1-11

 
Introduction: 
 
A.  As we approach Thanksgiving Day, I want to iterate that I am eternally grateful to God for His blessings bestowed upon this unworthy preacher.  God has been good to me; so much better than I deserve; better than I ever imagined.
 
B.  This morning, I want to once again elevate the Word of God.  I have been told that I make too much of the King James Bible; that I major on a “minor;” that I an ignorant and unlearned man.  To answer those who say such things, let me say that “I am what I am by the grace of God!”
 
C.  I also want to say that those who accuse me as such are ignorant of what God says and have become the enemies of the Word of God.
 
Psalms 138:2  I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
 
D.  If you believe that we have an error filled translation, help yourself! 
 
1.  I believe that we have the very, inerrant, infallible, perfectly preserved, inspired, one and only Word of God! 
 
2.  I will remain with the Bible as my final authority and not some liberal preacher or college professor. 
 
3.  I will not only stand for this Bible that I have in my hand but will also, by the grace of God, preach its precepts as long as I have breath.
 
4.  I desire to live by the precepts of the Word of God until I get to my eternal home where I will see the Word of God as He is for the first time.
 
E.  I am thankful for my Bible because:
 
1.  The King James Bible was the Bible of my generation.  I do need a new text nor do I need a new Bible.  The King James Bible is the Bible of my spiritual forefathers and it is good enough for me.
 
2 Peter 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
 
2.  The King James Bible was the Bible that brought me to Christ.  Because my Bible is neither flawed nor changing and neither is my salvation flawed nor changing.  I do not need to be re-saved as I know whom I have believed.
 
Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
 
3.  The King James Bible was the Bible that wrought a wonderful change in my life.  The more I read and study the Bible, the more that I understand God’s plan for my life.  The more I understand God’s plan for my life, the more that my life is conformed to Christ.
 
2 Peter 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
 
4.  The King James Bible is the Bible that guides my life.   I do not follow “cunningly devised fables” but adhere to the Old Path of God’s word.  I only follow men as they follow Christ.
 
John 8:31-32  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;  (32)  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
 
5.  The King James Bible is the Bible that forms my doctrine.  I do not make the Bible conform to my doctrine but conform my doctrine to the Bible.
 
Titus 2:1  But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
 
2 Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
 
6.  The King James Bible is the Bible that gives me hope in this life.  This world is in a mess but I have read the last chapter and it will all come out right.  My hope is not in this world neither in the things of the world but in Christ.
 
Romans 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
 
7.  The King James Bible is the Bible that give me a view of an eternity with Christ.  I not only know whom I have believed but also know where I am going on glorious day.
 
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18  (16)  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  (17)  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  (18)  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
 
8.  The King James Bible is the Bible that I will continue to preach, stand for, and obey for the rest of my life.  Not a “bible” but THE Bible.
 
2 Timothy 4:1-2  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;  (2)  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

No comments: