Temple Baptist Church - 9-20-2009
A. The world is seeking for happiness and, unfortunately, in all of the wrong places.
1. Happiness is not wealth!
2. Happiness is not physical pleasure!
3. Happiness is not in “things!”
4. Happiness is finding the will of God for your life and living for Him!
B. In verses 13-18, we find the happiness of wisdom. Wisdom is much more than just knowledge. You can be a college grad and not have wisdom. Wisdom is the right application of knowledge. One of my favorite verses on wisdom is this: to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin!
C. In these verses we find:
1. The Product of Wisdom – vs. 14
2. The Preciousness of Wisdom – vs. 15
3. The Power of Wisdom – vs. 16
4. The Pleasantness and Peace of Wisdom – vs. 17
5. The Payment of Wisdom – vs. 18
D. I want to look at six things in verses 1-12 that are earmarks of wisdom and will bring the happiness found in verse 13.
1. Happiness is Obedience to God – vs. 1-2
2. Happiness is Saturation in God’s Word – vs. 3-4 (vs. 21-24)
3. Happiness is Faith in God’s Operation – vs. 5-6 (vs. 24-26)
4. Happiness is Tithing – vs. 5-9
5. Happiness is Submission to Divine Chastening – vs. 11-12