Temple Baptist Church - 6-5-2022
A. We live in difficult times:
1. As it was in the days of Noe: The mixing of the godly and ungodly lines. Noah was the only just man alive.
2. As it was in the days of Lot: living in a world of sodomy. Though God spared Lot, he lived a compromised life and died in a cave without repentance.
3. As it was in Laodicea and now the Laodicean Church Age: Apathy that brings about lukewarmness. People no longer seem to have a desire for living for Christ.
4. As it was in the perilous times of Timothy's Day: A worldly Christianity. Everybody is "saved" but few act like they are.
5. As it was in the times of Apostasy: A general "falling away" from adherence to the Word of God. Everything that Christians once stood for is under constant attack and the multitudes follow the apostate's pernicious ways.
6. Have we said enough. I am not trying to discourage you tonight, I am trying to exhort you and so much the more as we see the day approaching: the coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!
B. In this Psalm, we find some directives concerning our steadfastness in these last perilous times. 3,000 years ago, when Psalm 101 was written, God gave Israel the solution to our problems today! What a glorious Bible we hold in our hands!
C. A simple outline is found here for godly living.
1. Verse 1. Your Worship. I WILL SING! Thank God for His mercy and judgment. He loves us enough to both correct us and to be merciful to us at the same time. That ought to make your heart SING! "I will sing … O LORD, I will sing!"
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
2. Verse 2. Your Walk. I WILL BEHAVE! We cannot control everything, but we are to control what we can. It matters not how the world behaves because our behavior is a choice that we personally make. When we were in our parent's house, we had to behave; when we came of age, we choose to behave.
Proverbs 28:18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
3. Verses 3-5. Your Witness. I WILL NOT FOLLOW! We are surrounded by the ungodly and they try to incorporate us into their way of thinking and lifestyle. Stay close to God's House and God's people! Keep your eyes on Christ, your hearts in the Bible, and constantly renew your minds.
Exodus 23:2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment:
3 John 11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
4. Verses 6-8. Your Watch. I WILL KEEP MY EYES UPON THE FAITHFUL! Know that there are still good, godly people that walk with you. Stay around and walk with these as God will destroy and cut off the wicked.
Hebrews 10:22-25 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (23) Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) (24) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: (25) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.