Temple Baptist Church - 2-3-2021
A. God’s plan in predestination is for ALL of us to turn out right spiritually: to be conformed to the image, an exact likeness, of Christ! That speaks of our responsibility in this life. After death or rapture, we WILL be like Him for we shall see Him as He is!
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
B. We often read or quote Jude 24, so let us take a short look at the verse:
Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
1. God is able to present you Faultless. The is our Positional side of salvation in Christ. Thank God that our salvation cannot be lost!
2. God is able to keep you from Falling. This is the Practical side of salvation in Christ. God is able to keep us from falling but will not override our choices in life to either follow God’s will for our lives or to walk in the flesh and pay the consequences.
3. God gave you a pastor who loves you, labors in the Word of God, preaches doctrinally correct, and will be there for you when you need him. I will do my work but you will have to do yours!
Ephesians 4:13-15 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; (15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
C. We have spent several weeks on verses 7-8. God’s COMMANDMENT to:
1. Remember God’s Man. God gave him to you.
2. Obey God’s Man. God gave him authority over you.
3. Hear God’s Man. God gave him the ability, knowledge, and wisdom to rightly divide the Word of Truth.
4. Follow God’s Man. If he is right with the Lord, he will always point you to Christ.
D. Now, let us observe our text: “Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.”
E. Here, we find Possibility! With all that God has given to us to keep us from falling, there will always unfortunately be some who will “do their own thing” and pay the price for it. I heard a younger preacher make this statement: “Law without consequences is Advice!” With God, there will always be consequences for disobedience.
1. You can refuse to hear and dry up one the vine.
Hebrews 5:11-12 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. (12) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Many of God’s children never grow because they do not want to grow!
2. You can fall away because of a shaken mind or troubled.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, (2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Many of God’s children are shaken because they pick and choose who or what to listen to.
3. You can be led away by following the error of wicked men.
2 Peter 3:17-18 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. (18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Many of God’s children follow the easy path instead of the hard path. The broad way instead of the narrow way because it fits their lifestyle.
4. You can be blown about by listening to those who are not doctrinally correct.
2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Many of God’s children listen to the voices of heresy. False doctrine and Bible correctors.
5. You can fall away by walking in the flesh and not in the Spirit.
Romans 8:1-6 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: (4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. (6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Many of God’s children love this present evil world and conform to it instead of conforming to the Bible.
Conclusion: Stay with your pastor; stay with your Bible; stay with your church!