Temple Baptist Church - 10-17-2018
A. Have you ever wondered about why God is mindful of us? Think of this immense universe that we live in; think of the size of our solar system that we live in; think of the size of the earth upon which we live; and we are just a speck!
B. Why would the God of this universe be willing to die for the sins of a finite man such as I?
C. Over several millenniums prior to the coming of the Messiah, Israel’s thinking had changed from a very personal God to an impersonal one. The New Testament portrays a very personal God and Saviour in the person of Jesus Christ.
D. Paul quotes Psalm 8:4 to reassure these transitional Jews that the God that saved them was and is a very personal God! The Bible declares that:
1. God thinks upon us. Psalms 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
Psalms 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
2. God watches us. Psalms 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
3. God cares for us. Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
4. God sent Hs Son to die for us. Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
5. God cares about what we care about. 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
6. God cares about what we endure. Hebrews 5:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
7. God hears us when we pray to him. Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
E. Why is God mindful (mind-full, He always thinks about us) of us?
1. Because we are His creation. Verse 7 – “the works of thy hands.”Psalms 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
2. Because He loved us enough to die for us. Verse 9 – “should taste death for every man.” Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
3. Because He desires for us to be with Him. Verse 10 – “in bringing many sons unto glory.” John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
4. Because we are His family. Verse 11 – “he is not ashamed to call them brethren.” Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.