Temple Baptist Church - 1-4-2017
1 Peter 1:8
A. It is amazing that we, as God’s children, can so love One whom we have never seen with the physical eye. It is a love that the world knows nothing about. It is a love that only the child of God can know.
B. As Jesus Christ paid a terrible price because He so love, these displaced, scattered Jews also paid a terrible price for this love of Christ.
1. It was a Reciprocal Love. 1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
2. It was Separating Love. Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
3. It was an Obedient Love. John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
4. It was a Constraining Love. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: (15) And thathe died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
C. Though it was a
“faceless” love, it was not a “baseless” love! The first 9 verses show the basis of this great love that God’s children have for the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. We Love Him For His Great Salvation – vs. 3
2. We Love Him For His Marvelous Grace – vs. 2
3. We Love Him For His Glorious Peace – vs. 2
4. We Love Him For His Wonderful Prospect – vs. 4
5. We Love Him For His Blessed Assurance – vs. 5
6. We Love Him For His Infinite Wisdom – vs. 6-7
7. We I Love Him For His Unspeakable Joy – vs. 8
8. We Love Him For His Promised Eternity – vs. 9