Temple Baptist Church 3-23-2008
Introduction: Today, we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
A. The gospel—the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ—is the blessed hope of the Christian as well as the world. It is only through the finished work of Calvary, of which the resurrection is the acceptance of sin’s price paid in full, that we find eternal life and the hope of Heaven.
B. Often, we sing the song “Because He Lives!” Because He lives, I can face tomorrow; because He lives, all fear is gone. The “Capstone of Christianity” is that there is life beyond this live and that life is eternal.
1. It gives hope to the hopeless.
2. It gives encouragement to the discouraged.
3. It gives light and life to the spiritually blinded.
4. It gives joy unspeakable and full of glory to the down trodden.
5. It gives peace and joy to the bereaved.
6. It gives comfort to the sick unto death.
7. It gives courage to the oppressed.
8. It gives strength to the weary.
9. It gives victory to the defeated.
10. It gives expectancy to the watcher.
C. One day soon He is coming back as He said and we will be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye.
Romans 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
1. Because Of The Resurrection There Will Be A Glorious Appearing - Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
There Will Be A Glorious Body - Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
2. Because Of The Resurrection There Will Be A Glorious Reunion - 1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
3. Because Of The Resurrection There Will Be A Glorious Joy - 1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
4. Because Of The Resurrection There Will Be A Glorious Presentation - Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
5. Because Of The Resurrection There Will Be A Glorious Home - John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Conclusion: The greatest day of the life of the believer will be when he sees Christ. This is a wicked, troublesome world and the longer I live the more I Pray with the Apostle John:
Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.