Temple Baptist Church - 11-24-2019
2 Timothy 3:1-5
A. One of the signs of these last days is that of ingratitude.
1. 2 Timothy 3:2 says, “For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy.” Unfortunately, it is a characteristic of the professing Christian as well as the religious lost person.
2. The word thanks is found in many places and in several forms in the Bible: Thanks – 71x Thank – 26x Thankful – 3x Thanksgiving – 27x. When is the last time that you said, “Thank you!?
B. The key to being “thankful” is to reflect upon or to reflect back. Most people are not thankful because they do not take the time to reflect upon just how good the Lord has been to them!
1. The Person of Thanksgiving - Psalms 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.
2. The Person of Thanksgiving - Psalms 30:4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Psalms 106:1 Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
3 The Places of Thanksgiving
a. In The Presence of The Lost - Psalms 18:49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
b. In The Presence of The Church - Psalms 35:18 I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Psalms 105:1 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
Psalms 106:47 Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise.
c. In Presence of Your Children - Psalms 79:13 So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.
d. In The Presence of The Lord - Psalms 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
4. The Period of Thanksgiving - Psalms 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
5. The Publishing of Thanksgiving - Psalms 26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
6. The Price of Thanksgiving - Psalms 116:17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
Conclusion: Unthankful? Just look back, just look around, and then look up!