Temple Baptist Church - 5-12-2019
A. Woman, God’s crowning creation! The best thing that ever happened to man! Man’s greatest need met!
B. Eve, the smartest, most beautiful woman in the world. You may say, “Of course she was. She was the only woman in the world!” I believe that is the principle that God intended when He made Eve of Adam’s rib. The only woman in the world for Adam!
C. Help-meet for him. A short lesson in Hebrew if you will this morning. In English, we tend to leave out the words “for him” when describing the words “Help Meet.” “Help - meet for him” are just 2 words in the Hebrew, not 4!
1. “Help” is one word.
To aid; to help
From a primitive root word H5826:עָזַר
To surround, that is, protect or aid: - help, succour. To aid, to succor, to complete, to surround, to protect. Adam need both a companion and one to help protect, aid, and complete him. Man is incomplete and vulnerable without a godly woman at his side.
2. “Meet for him” is also one word!
A front, that is, part opposite; specifically a counterpart, or mate; usually over against or before: other side, sight, to view.
From a primitive root word H5046: נָגַד
A primitive root; properly to front, that is, stand boldly out opposite
D. Thus, Eve was a “mirror image” of Adam. When we “meet” someone face to face, it is like looking into a mirror. Everything is the exact opposite. This is what God intended when He made Eve! She was to be everything that Adam was not!
E. Therefore, not a “competitor” but a “completer!”
F. Eve was special, not the same! We live in a “unisex” day. Women try to be men and men try to be women, but God made them different. Our DNA is different, our chromosome structure is different (Woman as two X chromosomes while man as an X and Y chromosome).
G. “Meet for him” is specific in nature. I believe that God has a perfect will and a perfect mate for each of us. I am so glad that I have Barbara! I gave my mother-in-law a hug one day and thanked her for raising Barbara for me.
A. The Importance of the woman to the home. SHE CANNOT BE REPLACED.
1. She makes a house a home.
2. She is invaluable in the raising of children.
3. She can certainly out cook most men.
4. She makes the home soft with curtains and frills instead of nails driven into walls to hang clothes on and window shades.
5. She is someone to share with, both the good and bad of the day.
6. She is the reason for the man to come home.
7. Her illogical thinking keeps the world from becoming dull.
8. Her bright ideas come like a dazzling light in darkness.
9. She is nurse and mother when someone is sick.
10. She is lover and companion when all the rest of the world forsakes you.
11. She is what God intended for man to have for a complete life.
12. She is a woman: to be cherished, loved, honored, and cared for.
B. The Importance of the woman to the Man. HE IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT HER.
1. She Needs To Be Properly Positioned! Not just a position, but the proper position, where God intended her to be positioned.
a. She deserves the best. A man’s best time, best effort, and best love.
1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. (This means one who obtains something assigned to himself with others, a joint participant - also translated "joint heirs")
b. I once said that the woman is "Prime Rib" not "Spare Rib!" Prime time, not spare time.
2. She Needs To Be Properly Provided For!
a. Give her security - A wife needs assurance.
b. Give her supply - Meet her every need.
3. She Needs To Be Properly Protected!
a. Protect her from problems - Keep her from worry.
b. Protect her from prowlers - Keep here in safety.
c. Protect her from perverts - Take her to right places.
4. She Needs To Be Properly Pampered!
a. Give her special things and remember special occasions.
b. Never take her for granted. She is woman and she is yours.
c. Show her respect. She was taken from your side to walk by your side with pride and respect.
5. She Needs To Be Properly Praised!
Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
a. Give her compliments - Her work, her dress, her looks, her manner.
b. Don't give her complaints