Sunday, November 26, 2017

I Thank God For Our Church

Temple Baptist Church - 11-26-2017
Philippians 1:1-7


Introduction: 

A.  Thanksgiving Day is over and gone but we have so many things to be thankful for that is hard to name all of them.  The song, “Count Your Blessings,” should be a reminder to us to give God the thanksgiving that is due Him.  Even during problems we have much to be thankful for.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

1.  We can thank God for the precious gift of His only begotten Son.

2.  We can thank God for hearing the gospel and being gloriously saved.

3.  We can thank God that salvation is eternal and depends upon Him and not us.

4.  We can thank God that His mercies and grace are far greater than all our sin.

5.  We can thank God that Heaven is our home and not this world.

6.  We can thank God that we were born in America and had opportunity to hear and believe.

7.  We can thank God for all His marvelous provision:  food, shelter, conveniences, automobiles, etc.

8.  We can thank God for our health and strength to be here this morning.

9.  We can thank God for our families and friends.

10.  We can thank God for ample opportunity and freedom to serve the Lord.

B.  We can thank God for so many things, but as a pastor, I am thankful for Temple Baptist Church!

            1.  The Philippian Church was a special church – Philippians 4:15-19

            2.  There are a lot of churches, but few special ones!

            3.  Temple Baptist is one of the special ones!

“I THANK MY GOD UPON EVERY REMEMBRANCE OF YOU.”

1.  I Thank God For a saved congregation.  So many churches are full of lost people but I have confidence in your profession of faith.  Our pews are filled with sheep who follow and not goats that butt!

2.  I Thank God for Your Faith In Missions.  Our church is missions hearted instead of just missions minded.  Missionaries are both welcome and wanted here.  They can come and stay with us!

3.  I Thank God For Your Testimony In The Community.  Our church is respected in this county.  Many may not agree with us and many are a little scared of us but they know who and what we are.

4.  I Thank God for Your Friendship With This Pastor .  I am a part of you and you are a part of me.  We are family; we are friends; we are one.

5.  I Thank God for Your Following Your Pastor.  You do not follow me blindly but you follow me as I follow Christ.  Pastoral authority is a biblical gift that the people give to their pastor and you have given it to me.  I do not take that lightly.

1 Thessalonians 1:6-10  And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord …

6.  I Thank God For Your Faithfulness To God’s House.  We have good crowds at all three weekly services.  I know that some are hindered by work schedules at times but, as a rule, you are faithful.

7.  I Thank God For Your Love For the King James Bible.  Notice that I never call it a version because, if it is a version, then there are other versions.  It is the Bible, God’s Holy Word, and this is not debated in this church.

8.  I Thank God For Your Love One For Another.  We do not have a lot of fussing or fighting here.  We love, we laugh, we labor as one.

Conclusion:  I will say again that I have never had a desire to leave this church.  Barbara and I plan to spend the rest of our lives here with you.  We have so much to be thankful for and you are a major part of our thankfulness.

No comments: