Temple Baptist Church - 8-3-2016
A. Last week we saw that it is God who gives us the power to contend for the faith once delivered. In this two verse Doxology, it is God who gets all of the praise and glory, not those who stand.
Romans 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
B. Tonight, I want to look at the phrase: “and to present you faultless.” The preceding phrase “now unto him that is able” goes with both “keep you from falling” and “to present you faultless.” It is God alone who gives the desire and power to stand firm to the child of God. It is also God who is able to present us faultless before the throne of His glory.
C. I fully understand our faultless standing positionally.
1. Our position in Christ is faultless because of the precious blood of Christ that paid our sin debt in full I can never stop saying, “Thank God for Calvary!”
2. It was there that my sin was taken away for all of eternity! It was there that I was made free!
Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Isaiah 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered itfrom the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.
Micah 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
D. But, I believe that these verses must be interpreted within its context of contending or not contending for the faith once delivered. Faultless, when interpreted within its context means that one has done all that they can in the area of contending for the faith.
1. We must remain Faultless in our standing for the Word of God: the King James Bible! We must continue to contend for the Word of Truth. The Word of Truth cannot be a mixture of truth and error as that would make in only the partial Word of Truth. We will continue to unapologetically stand for the King James Bible and none other. Things that are different are not the same as God only wrote one Bible! His inspiration was singular in action and continuing in nature.
Psalms 68:11 The Lord gave the word (the faith once delivered): great was the company of those that published it (those who have kept or contended for it).
Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
2 Corinthians 4:1-2 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; (2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. (To preach or to teach contrary to its principles or doctrines. The greatest of all Bible doctrines is that of infallibility and inerrancy! No place in the Bible does it ever refer to itself as fallible or erroneous!)
2. We must remain faultless in our Christian Walk before both the saved and the unsaved! “A life lived is worth a thousand sermons preached!” “Your talk talks and your walk talks but your walk talks louder than your talk talks!”Psalms 40:1-3 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. (2) He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. (3) And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
a. Faultless in our walk before God. 1 John 2:4-6 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
b. Faultless in our walk before the unsaved. 2 Corinthians 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
c. Faultless before the Brethren. 1 Thessalonians 2:10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
3. We must remain faultless in our Witness to a lost world! If we are to preach the gospel to every creature; if we are to go into all of the world; then we must be soul conscious and missions hearted! We witness where we go and send witnesses to where we cannot go.
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (Power available. The power to Go and the power to Give!)
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (Power received.)
Romans 1:14-16 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. (15) So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. (16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Power to reach. Every creature!)
Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? (15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
4. We must remain faultless in our Worship! Too many churches in our day have substituted flesh for spirit because many have failed to identify them biblically. The spirit of our worship must be found along with the truth of our worship.
John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. (24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (Spirit without truth will cause you to blow up; truth without spirit will cause you to dry up; a right mixture of spirit and truth will cause you to grow up!)
1 Chronicles 16:29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. (Holiness, not worldliness, is a requirement for true worship.)
Psalms 96:9 O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. (Worship is reverence coupled with fear! I fear that many have lost both! Worldliness and emotion do not go hand-in-hand with spirit and truth!)
Conclusion: As God is able to keep us from falling, He is also able to present us faultless. We, through the Spirit of God, the Word of God, and the power of God, will have done what we could.