Temple Baptist Church - 5-22-2016
1 Peter 3:7
A. I do not want to preach a message on the failures of the home but do want to look at one major aspect of such failures.
1. Last week, I preached on Being Committed to the Divine Order of the Home. A lack of commitment will destroy a home in a heartbeat!
2. Another great cause for the failure of the home is a lack of knowledge of the differences between men and women. I am not talking about the physiological differences between men and women but the psychological and sociological differences. God made Adam both male and female because He would bring Eve out of Adam and, yet, they were polar opposites!
3. I guess you have noticed there is a distinct difference between men and women? Evidently the world hasn’t! Transgender? The problem is sexual perversion which is an abomination in the sight of God! God loves the sinner but hates the sin.
4. For those who read these sermons, I will give you a few verses to explain where God stands on the issue of homosexuality, transgender, gays, and lesbians. Now, do not get mad at me, just get it right with God!
Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: (27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
B. Because “they twain shall be one flesh,” and men and women are entirely different, there must be a mutual respect for each other and an understanding of “what makes the other tick.”
1. There is a vast difference between male and female. These differences need to be understood because they are God given and make up the weakness of both man and wife. A good marriage is one based upon understanding certain principles and adhering to them.
2. Getting to know your wife or husband is vital for an enduring relationship. They should be the best human friend that you have in the world. If this is not the case, you are already in trouble.
C. Here are a few things that we need to understand:
1. Some Funny Differences
If Laura, Suzanne, Debra and Rose go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Suzanne, Debra and Rose.
But if Mike, Charlie, Bob and John go out for a coffee, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla, Peanut-Head and Useless.
When the bill arrives, Mike, Charlie, Bob and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $22.50. None of them will have anything smaller, and none will actually admit they want change back.
When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.
A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he wants.
A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't want.
A man has six items in his bathroom: a toothbrush, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel from the Holiday Inn.
The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify most of these items.
A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
Women love cats.
Men say they love cats, but when women aren't looking, men kick cats.
A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change and she does.
A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the garbage, answer the phone, read a book, get the mail.
A man will dress up for weddings, funerals.
Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends and favorite foods and secret fears and hopes and dreams.
A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.
Any married man should forget his mistakes.
There's no use in him and his wife both remembering the same thing.
2. Some Physical Differences. There Are Physical Differences (I am not talking about the obvious, but about basic differences in DNA)
a. The woman is born with two "X" chromosomes while the man is born with both "X" and "Y" chromosomes. This makes her stronger at birth and has a stronger immune system to fight off disease. The man only has one "X" chromosome, which makes him more susceptible to early childhood sickness. The woman as two "X" chromosomes, so if one is faulty, the good one will keep her from getting illnesses to some degree. The man only has one, so if it is defective, he gets sick more. The sex of a child is determined by the "Y" chromosome of the male.
b. The man has one million more red blood cells than a woman which means that blood is pumping to his muscles more than a woman. He can out work a woman longer and harder. The man is 40% muscle and the woman is only 20% muscle.
c. The woman has an extra layer of cells all over her body that insulate that a man does not have. It makes it easier for her to gain weight and harder to lose weight.
2. There Are Mental Differences (I am not talking about I.Q, because women can be as smart, or smarter than men.)
a. The woman is a Bi-lateral thinker. This simply means that she thinks with both sides of her brain. The right side of the brain is where we find the emotions and the left side is where logic is founds. This is where poems are written and songs are sung. Because she is a bi-lateral thinker, she is more alert, perceptive, and notices things a lot quicker than a man. Mostly, she thinks with her right side or the side of emotion. She thinks with both logic and emotion--which sometimes distorts the logic. Women are, by nature, more emotional than the men. (This causes men problems because of their thinking is more logical than emotional.)
b. The man thinks predominantly with the left side of the brain where the logic is found. Here we find logic, numbers, factual information, conquering something, and being cold towards things. Therefore, he is normally more logical than emotional though he sometimes uses the right side also. What this means is, for a man to come in and tell you that he loves you should mean more to you because chemically speaking he is not able to do that without great effort. A man must think, plan, and then say he loves. For a man to tell you and show you that he loves you is incredible. It is easier for a woman to love. (This causes the women problems because of their emotional thinking.)
The woman expects "I love you:" on a regular basis. This is a normal dialogue between a woman and a man. The woman says, "You never tell me that you love me!" The man says, "I have told you that I loved you, you just don't remember!" The woman says, "That was over forty years ago!". The man says, "I told you I loved you then and, if it ever changes, I will let you know!"
3. There Are Psychological Differences (I am not talking about sanity because if may be you going to the "Funny Farm" instead of your spouse)
a. Women need more "attachment and touch".
b. Men, seemingly, are more detached.
c. Women tend to be moodier than men.
d. Men tend to be more self-centered and distant.
e. Women tend to rely on feelings and emotion.
f. Men tend to discover and rely on facts.
g. The woman says an average of 25, 000 words per day.
h. The man says an average of 12,000 words per day.
4. There Are Reaction Differences (Women tend to let their emotions get higher while me tend to downplay situations)
a. Women get upset slower and stay upset longer.
b. Men tend to get upset faster and get over it quicker.
c. Women tend to take things more personally and get offended quicker.
d. Men tend to take things less personally and get offended less often.
5. There Are Security Differences
a. Women need security in their position (she should never be made jealous)
Women have more trouble with relationships with other women - jealousy and envy are a real problem
b. Women need security in their possessions (A man can live in a car with no inside plumbing.)
c. Women need security in their protection (that’s why they jump in your arms and holler “get the gun!” when they hear noises)
d. Women need security in their praise (they need to be complimented – (“Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.)
6. There Are Special Need Differences (This will deal with the intimate relationship)
a. Women need to be reassured of the man's love.
b. Men need to be needed and to feel important.
c. Women need more of an emotional relationship.
d. Men need more of a physical relationship.
7. There Are Spiritual Differences (I am not talking about spirituality, because some of the most spiritual people that I have ever met have been women)
a. God placed the man as the spiritual head of the family.
b. God placed the woman in submission spiritually in the family.
c. Women have more of a possibility of spiritual deception.
d. Men have more spiritual discernment and perception.
8. There Are Role Differences (The unisex movement is rapidly removing these divinely set boundaries)
a. The woman is to guide the home.
b. The man is to rule the home.
c. The woman is to care for the children.
d. The man is to provide for the home. (Physically and spiritually)