Temple Baptist Church - 6-28-2015
A. I started not to preach along these lines this morning but could not get away with from it. We could have continued to silently follow the Lord and His Word with no fear of repercussions but I felt compelled to preach. I cannot be silent and the world needs to know where we stand as a church.
B. What happened this last week when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of same sex marriage was slap in the face of God and a total rejection of biblical truth. It was a monumental step toward a nation with reprobate lifestyle. (vs 26-32) Was it a surprise? No, it was expected! We prayed for its rejection but God said “as it was in the days of Lot!” I was sad for our great nation as it continued its downhill slide into perversion.
C. Friday, we watched as 5 unelected judges redefined God’s institution of marriage. It will not be long until a father can married his daughter, a mother her son, or a brother his sister. Many will say that this cannot happen but it can. Why? Because, not, no one has the right to tell someone that they cannot marry the one that they love.
D. Will this satisfy the sodomite community? No! Sodomites will never be satisfied! Sodomy is a dissatisfaction of what God made in the His realm of nature. What is natural is what follows nature. Dissatisfaction in the realm of a man-woman relationship always leads to perversion which cannot be satisfied! The sodomites will not stop until everyone who stands against them or speaks against their lifestyle is punished or done away with. In Genesis 19, even after their blindness, they sought the door of Lot’s house. This is not the end because the sodomites have an agenda!
E. Our nation has been a “run a way train” for the last few decades as the advancement of liberal progressive thinking has gained strength and power. Every value that the Bible sets forth is under attack by a godless (yes a president who sings Amazing Grace at a funeral and turns the White House a pastel rainbow color after the decision came down) people. What a shame the present administration has brought upon our land!
Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
F. Three things the Supreme Court decision did not change:
1. God has not changed His mind! At least our God has not! The “god” concocted by this world agrees with the Supreme Court’s decision.
2. God has not changed His Word! At least our King James Bible has not changed! The NIV left the word “sodomite” out of it long ago.
3. And God will not change His judgment of the sin of sodomy! God did not make men to be born sodomites or cross-gender! He made them male and female and if you do not believe it, check their DNA and you will still find that the male has both the X and Y chromosomes while the female has two X chromosomes. Sodomy is a learned behavior, not an inherent one.
G. Now, What are we to do as a Christian? What are we to do as a church? We are to keep on doing just what we have been doing for the past 2,000 years. If God has not changed (and He has not), God’s Word has not changed (and it has not), and God’s judgment will not change, then the church must not change (and ours will not).
1. We are going to continue to pray for America and its leadership. 1 Timothy 2:1-3 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; (2) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. (3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
2. We are going to continue to stand for God’s nature. Natural is a continuation of God’s nature. Genesis 2:22-24 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (23) And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. (24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
3. We are going to continue to adhere to God’s Word. Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
4. We are going to continue to preach against all manner of sinfulness. Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
5. We are going to continue to accept the sinner but reject their wicked lifestyle. 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
6. We are going to continue to be good citizens and do what we can to make a difference. Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
7. We are going to continue to trust the Lord as we see the signs of His eminent return. Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (7) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8. We will stand willing to pay a price for what we believe and what God said. Matthew 5:11-12 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (12) Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.