Temple Baptist Church - 7-7-2013
A. I want to begin this message by saying that I love America! The title of my message is not a statement but rather a question.
1. I am an American by birth and choice! I want to see our nation grow and prosper! I want revival in America! I want the blessings of God upon our nation! I pray for those in authority (all three branches of government) from the President down to the local magistrate on the bench! I pray for the safety of our military personnel, law enforcement, and firemen!
2. America is still the greatest nation on the face of the earth and stands as the “Utopia” to which immigrants from all nations come.
B. I am proud of our country and will defend it against all enemies, both external and internal.
1. When I say that I am proud of American, let me clarify that statement: I am proud of all that this nation once stood for but not proud of what many who are in authority do or the direction that our nation is heading.
2. BUT, I still believe that there are still good people in this land what want America right. They still stand to their feet, take off their hats, and place their hands over their hearts during the National Anthem.
C. I can still say, “God bless America!”
1. But, then a legitimate question must be asked, “Can God continue to bless America?” In order for America to remain under the “spout where the blessings come out,” she must remain consistent with God’s values which He will not compromise.
2. The landmark Supreme Court decision to give credence to same sex marriages was a biblically damning one. “As it was in the days of Lot” is a vivid description of the direction and present condition of America!
D. Now, let the Bible answer the question: “Has God changed His mind concerning sodomy?”
1. They were worthy of death in the Old Testament under the Law - Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
2. They are worthy of death in the New Testament under Grace - Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
3. The answer is NO!
E. The question has often been asked, “Can a sodomite be saved?” or “Is sodomy a result of a reprobate mind?” I personally believe that a sodomite can be saved but there comes a time, according to Romans 1, that they are given over to a reprobate mind. Notice the progression in our verses for this morning:
1. Because of rejection of divine revelation, verse 24 says, “God gave them up.” The result was lust and the dishonoring of their bodies through promiscuity.
2. Because they turned God’s truth into a lie and worshiped the creature instead of the Creator, verse 26 says, “God gave them up.” The result was vile affections that led to sodomy.
3. Because they ultimately did not want to know or hear about God, verse 28 says, “God gave them over to a reprobate mind.” (Unapproved, rejected, or cast away)
F. Does God love the sodomite?
1. Yes He does and died for their sins just like He did for yours and mine but God hates the sin and nothing or anybody can change His mind concerning sodomy. Some say that God has changed His mind concerning the sentence of death that He placed upon the sin of sodomy but verse 32 declares God’s intent.
2. God—not this preacher—has placed the sodomite under His death sentence and, if not repented of by the sinner and that sinner coming to Christ by faith; the Lake of Fire will be his eternal abode! Sodomy is sin and, therefore, not acceptable in God’s eyes. Sodomy was and remains an abomination to God!
G. This brings me to verse 32. America not only allows sodomy (which once was and, in many states, still is a felony offense) to flourish, our nation approves of and backs it! Here is how America has approved of sodomy:
1. America’s Government has basically given in to the sodomite agenda with both parties either supporting same sex marriage or trying to be politically correct concerning it. If you want to get elected, you must give into the Gay Agenda, and believe me, they have one. Both major parties are “bowing” to the sodomite agenda because popularity and position in government are contingent upon it.
2. America’s court system has passed the “Hate Crime Bill” by using the “straw man” of racial bias while the real end of the bill was to censure those who condemn sodomy. Because to the recent ruling of the Supreme Court, lawsuits will be leveled against any and all who choose to stand against sodomy. The First Amendment right of free speech will be continually infringed upon.
3. America’s news media has said that the “extreme right” must change their thinking about sodomy in light of American demographics. This means that Christians must change their theology concerning sodomy in order to have a “voice” in American politics. To quote my mother: “When pigs fly!”
4. America’s school systems have promoted sodomy as an alternate lifestyle while hiring sodomites to teach or coach. The anti-God school system has promoted sodomy to the children of our land as being “natural” instead of learned behavior. God made men to be men and women to be women! Sodomy is not inherent! Sodomy is perversion! Sodomy is learned behavior! Sodomy is an ungodly choice!
5. America’s modern so-called bibles, especially the NIV—which changes every reference to either sodomite or sodomites and leaves these words out completely—have done much to make sin an unbiblical thing. The King James Bible upholds God’s view of sin and sodomy is condemned by God and God has not changed His mind.
6. Many of America’s organizations have caved in respect to the acceptance of the sin of sodomy with the Boy Scouts of America being the latest victim. Pressure is constantly applied to all organizations or businesses that hold to God’s truth on the subject of sodomy. It is not the Christian that is ostracized by society, it is God! The world rejected the Saviour and will also reject the true Saint! I am not cruel or hard hearted; I am a believer and God is always right!
7. Many of America’s churches and denominations have become silent concerning the sin of sodomy and now have openly “gay” men and women in the congregation, on staff, or in the pulpit. I thank God for those denominations that choose to stand against sodomy! It matters not what course others may take but, as for me, I will continue to love the sinner and hate the sin! Sodomy is abominable! Sodomy is not acceptable!
Conclusion: God hates sin of all types but I believe that three things will ultimately bring America down if things do not change:
a. The murder of millions of babies in the name of women’s rights! Pro-choice is before conception, not afterwards!
b. Our relationship to God’s elect nation of Israel! God still blesses those who bless Israel and curses those who curse Israel!
c. The acceptance and promotion of the perverted sin of sodomy! Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Has America stepped over the line concerning the slaughter of innocent babies and the promotion of the Gay Agenda? I do not know but, if not, America is close! Sodomy is on the rise and their agenda is both strong and working. Our government plus many of Americans, though they may not participate in the sin of sodomy, have pleasure in those who do.
Pray for America!