Temple Baptist Church - 11-29-2009
2 Timothy 3:1-9
A. We certainly live in the last of the last days. True believers are expectant today as the time nears. The Bible says that we are not ignorant concerning the times in which we live. The Signs are on every hand.
1. A One World Government Is In The Making. We have lost our national sovereignty! We now are debtors to our enemies financially. The borrower is servant to the lender! We are slaves of China! Not only America, but other nations are in deep trouble.
2. A One Word Currency Is In The Making. Inflation is undermining the financial stability of the dollar and threatens it with collapse. The dollar has fallen on both the European and Asian markets as our government prints money that is backed with empty promises instead of hard gold!
3. One World Church in the making. Doctrine is now laid aside and it is no longer politically correct to be doctrinally separate! God commands separation personally, ecclesiastically, and doctrinally. Community worship services include anything and everything that calls itself Christian! Catholicism, the great whore of Revelation 17, has beguiled the world.
4. Wickedness Is On Every Hand. Our land is permeated with baby killers, drug addicts, drunkenness, adultery, fornication, sodomites, murders, and rapists while good is called evil and evil is called good. There is no right unless you think it is right and there is no wrong unless you think it is wrong. Every man does that which is right in his own eyes.
B. Our days have been prophesied for thousands of years and you can read the headlines of our national newspapers in Old Testament and New Testament prophecy! Everything God said would come to pass has or is coming to pass in minute detail. Our days are:
1. Perilous Physically. We now lock all windows and doors, stay away from certain areas after dark (and some in the day time), arm ourselves while we are out and keep arms within reach when we are in! It is dangerous for the baby in the womb and the old person in the Nursing Home!
2. Perilous Nationally. Our country is in danger of falling off the map so to speak. Our enemies no longer fear us and attack at will within our unarmed country. Our military cannot carry firearms in their own compounds! Liberals are disarming both them and us at a horrendous rate. We are no longer respect or loved as a nation.
3. Perilous World Wide. There are wars and rumors of wars on every hand with no places of stability or safety. They cry, “Peace, peace” when there is no peace.
C. I want to look at these verses for a few minutes this morning so that we can get some help. I will be preaching on the subject of “The Last Days” for a while.
1. The Description Of The Church!
a. These People Are Wicked!
1) Lovers of their own selves – Selfishness
2) Covetous - Inordinately desirous
3) Boasters - glories in or vaunts self
4) Blasphemers - one who speaks of God in impious and irreverent terms.
5) Disobedient to parents
7) Without natural affection
8) Trucebreakers – will not keep their word in things agreed upon
9) False accusers – prone to slander
10) Incontinent - Not restraining the passions or appetites, particularly the sexual appetite
11) Fierce – savage or untamed
12) Despisers of those that are good
13) Traitors – to turn upon
14) Heady – ungovernable
15) Highminded – puffed up with pride
16) Lovers of pleasure more that lovers of God (put everything ahead of Him)
b. These People Are Worshippers? THESE ARE CHURCH PEOPLE!
1) Having A Form Of Godliness – a semblance
a) They Name The Name – profess salvation
Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
b) They Play The Game – go to church
c) They Defame The Name – deny the power thereof
Power to Convert and Change
2) From Such Turn Away
2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2. The Deception of the Time – vs 6-7
a. The Condition of Women – vs 6 Now don’t take this personal. God said it! False religions are mostly run by or started by women!
1) Light Headed Women – Silly! They have no spiritual sense at all. There is nothing better than a good woman and nothing more evil than a bad one!
a) Satan Began His Attack With Woman In The Garden
b) Satan Will Conclude His Attack With Woman In The Church – Revelation 2:20 – “That woman Jezebel”
2) Lustful Women – “laden with sins … led away … divers lusts”
Isaiah 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
b. The Corruption of Wisdom – vs 7-8
1) People are Contentious – “resist the truth”
2 Timothy 4:14-15 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
3 John 9-11 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
2) People Are Corrupt – “corrupt minds”
1 Timothy 4:1-2 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3) People Are Calloused – “reprobate”
Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
3. The Damnation of the Time – vs 9
a. Their Damnation – “proceed no further”
b. Their Followers Damnation
2 Peter 2:1-2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.