Sunday, January 20, 2019

Israel My Glory

Temple Baptist Church - 1-20-2019
Romans 11:25-29


Introduction: 

A.  Tonight, I want to finish with the Nation of Israel.  We have spent many weeks looking at chapters 9-11 in detail as they are important to all believers.  Chapters 9-11 are a Parenthetical, a Trilogy and essential to each other for biblical interpretation. 

1.  Israel is important to us because Christ was born a Jew on His mother’s side.

2.  Israel is important to us because she is God’s timepiece in the end time.

3.  Israel is important to us because of God’s blessing upon those who bless her.

B.  Chapters 9-11 show the importance of the Nation of Israel to God.  God is no respecter of persons, but He is certainly a respecter of nations.  God loves Israel.

Jeremiah 31:1-3  At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.  (2)  Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.  (3)  The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Isaiah 46:13  I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Zechariah 2:8  For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

C.  Chapters 9-11 need to be rightly divided because the damnable heresy of Calvinism rests in chapter 9.

1.  Romans 9 - Israel’s Election – vs 1-2 - Romans 9:13  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

a.  Israel’s Blessing - Genesis 12:3  And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

b.  Israel’s Protection - Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

c.  Israel’s Position - Deuteronomy 32:10  He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

Zechariah 2:8  For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

2.  Romans 10 - Israel’s Rejection – vs 3-24 - Romans 10:3  For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

a.  The Reason For Israel’s Rejection - Romans 9:32  Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

b.  The Result Of Israel’s Rejection - John 7:1  After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

1)  They Rejected The Christ - John 1:11  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

2)  They Rejected The Gospel - Acts 18:6  And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

a)  Israel Blinded - John 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Romans 11:7  What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

2 Corinthians 3:14  But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Romans 11:25  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

2)  Israel Banished - Matthew 24:2  And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Ezekiel 7:20-22  As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in majesty: but they made the images of their abominations and of their detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.  And I will give it into the hands of the strangers for a prey, and to the wicked of the earth for a spoil; and they shall pollute it.  My face will I turn also from them, and they shall pollute my secret place: for the robbers shall enter into it, and defile it.

3)  Gentiles Blessed - Genesis 12:3  And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Isaiah 61:9  And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they [are] the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

Luke 2:32  A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

3.  Romans 11 - Israel’s Restoration – vs  25-36

a.  Restoration Prophesied - Zechariah 12:10  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Isaiah 45:17  But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

b.  Restoration Performed - Romans 11:26  And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

No comments: