Temple Baptist Church - 9-27-2020
A. Last week, we found that Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, is worthy.
1. We worship Him because of Who He is. Almighty Jehovah God, the Potentate of the Universe, the Creator of all things, the Owner of all things, the Giver of all things.
2. We worship Him because of What He did. The Son of God became flesh, dwelt among us, died for us.
3. We worship Him because of Who He became. Our Saviour, Lord of lords, and King of kings.
B. In these verses, we find a list of things that belong to God.
C. First, let me say that these things belong to God by default. These are not thing that we give to God but things that we praise the Lord for, and He gives makes them available to us.
D. In this life, we often forget that blessings come from God and, therefore, take them for granted. We come to the place that we believe that we deserve what God gives.
E. In heaven, we will know even as we are known. Heaven will not be filled with question. Heaven will be filled with answers. This is why the angels, the four beasts, the four and twenty elders, and the redeemed fall at His pierced feet to give Him honour and glory!
F. Here are just a few things that the Bible tells us that we will praise the Lamb for:
1. The Judgment of the Lamb – Verse 5:2 – Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Jesus Christ will judge our works at the Judgment Seat.
Jesus Christ will judge Israel in the Tribulation Period. He will open the seals.
Jesus Christ will judge the Unsaved at the Great White Throne.
Jesus Christ will judge the Earth in its Renewal.
2. The Power of the Lamb – 5:12 – Psalms 62:11 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
The Power of the saint is given by Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
3. The Riches of the Lamb – 5:12 – Acts 7:49-50 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? (50) Hath not my hand made all these things?
Matthew 6:31-33 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. (33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Psalms 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
4. The Wisdom of the Lamb – 5:12 – James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
5. The Strength of the Lamb – 5:12 – Psalms 18:1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
Job 36:5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.
Though similar, there is a difference in Power and Strength. There is a simple equation for Power. Power = (Force x Distance) / Time. It involves strength but is for apply force over a distance regulated by time. Strength is the use of Power in a single instance such as bench pressing a heavy weight. You can have Power w/o Strength or vice versa.
There are times when you will need Strength for a battle but there are times when you need Power for a war.
6. The Honour of the Lamb – 5:12 – Psalms 8:5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Honour – to esteem highly or to take pride in.
Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; (11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
7. The Glory of the Lamb – 5:12 – Exodus 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
Moses saw the hinder part of God’s glory but we shall see Him as He is.
1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Chronicles 29:11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
8. The Blessing of the Lamb – 5:12 – James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
9. The Praise of the Lamb – 5:14 – He is Worthy of our Praise.