Temple Baptist Church - 1-7-2018
A. “Being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.” What a promise! Just as if we had never sinned! I know that some do not like to use this definition but it is a biblical one.
Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, (The word is faultless, not forgiven.)
B. The Acknowledgment of Justification – “being now justified”
1. Justification is a Present Possession. We are justified, not going to be justified. “When He sees me, He sees the blood of the Lamb; He sees me as worthy and not as I am.”
2. Justification is a Powerful Force. The blood of Christ cleanses all sin! There is no sinner that God cannot save because there is no sin that Christ did not die for.
C. The Agent of Justification – “by his blood”
1. It Cleanses us White. “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
2. It Cleanses us Wholly. “Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.”
D. The Availability of Justification – “we”
1. An Abundant Opportunity. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” You come, He gives rest!
2. An All-inclusive Offer. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
E. The Accomplishment of Justification – “shall be saved”
1. Justification Produces a Living Hope. “And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.”
2. Justification Produces a Longing for Home. “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.”
F. The Author of Justification – “through him”
1. His Blood Purchased It! “the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.”
2. His Bible Proclaims It! “And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.”
3. His Blessings Prove It! “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:”
Now, Let Us Look At The Impact Of The Blood:
1. The Blood Of Christ Brought Redemption. Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Redeemed – To be bought back. The freedom of a former slave purchased off the slave block. The believer has been bought off the slave block of Satan. Purchased and “made free” by the blood of Christ. Loosed and set at liberty: free praise the Lord, free at last!
2. The Blood Of Christ Brought Righteousness. Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
The believer is judiciously declared righteous solely upon the merit of the blood of Christ. He is justified—just as if I had never sinned! Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne! (Jude 24) “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21) Made Him what He was not that we might be made what we are not!
3. The Blood Of Christ Brought Remission. Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
The complete, eternal purging of all sin! Once for ever is our purchase in Christ Jesus. “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” (Hebrews 1:3) Our slate has been wiped clear, never to be remembered again.
4. The Blood Of Christ Brought Reconciliation. 1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Man’s relationship with God was severed by sin in the Garden of Eden. The Lord made an immediate effort to reconcile Adam and Eve. The Lord went to them when they would not come to Him. They chose to hide while He chose to reconcile. “ And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.” (Colossians 1:20) By faith, regeneration , and adoption—man is back in fellowship with God.
5. The Blood Of Christ Brought Reception. Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
The believer is not only forgiven, he or she belongs! Welcomed into the greatest family on the face of the earth. The Body of Christ. “By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” ( Romans 5:2)
6. The Blood Of Christ Brought Rejoicing. Romans 5:10-11 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (11) And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
Oh what joy the cross of Christ brings to the believer! Though nothing, we have been made nigh by the blood of Christ. Our life is saved, our soul is saved, eternity is secured, and joy floods our souls!
7. The Blood Of Christ Brought Responsibility. Matthew 27:25 - Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children. (It is both foolish and fatal to reject the precious blood of Christ. That blood that brings about eternal life also brings about eternal damnation.)