Temple Baptist Church - 11-8-2017
1 Peter 5:14
Introduction: We live in a world that is troubled. There is very little peace of heart and mind, but God has promised peace to His children.
A. We Find The Promise Of Peace – “Peace be with you” - John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
B. We Find The People Of Peace – “you” - Isaiah 48:22 There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.
C. We Find The Place Of Peace – “In Christ Jesus” - Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
D. We Find The Person Of Peace – “Christ Jesus” - Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
E. Peace With God Depends Upon Him - Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
F. Peace Of God Depends Upon You - Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
1 Peter 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. (Ensue - to make to run or flee, put to flight, drive away)
G. Since The Peace Of God Depends Upon You, Let Us See How To Have It.
1. The Peace Of God Comes Through Believing What God Has Said - Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
a. Believing His Promise Of Salvation - Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
b. Believing His Promise Of Provision - Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
c. Believing His Promise Of Protection - Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.
2. The Peace Of God Comes Through A Realization That He Is In Control - John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) (the winds and waves still know)
3. The Peace Of God Comes Through Keeping Your Mind Stayed Upon Him - Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. (Stayed – to lean upon or to rest in - not in self; not in circumstances)
4. The Peace Of God Comes Through Spiritual Mindness - Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if[there be any praise, think on these things.
5. The Peace Of God Comes Through Making Peace - 2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
6. The Peace Of God Comes Through Being Filled With The Holy Ghost - Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
7. The Peace Of God Comes Through Prayer - Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. The Peace Of God Comes Through Obedience To Scripture - Philippians 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.